With advanced certifications in functional movement (FMS Level 2) and corrective exercise (NASM-CES and TBMM-CES), he is a personal trainer three times over (ACE-CPT, ACSM-CPT, and NASM-CPT), an exercise physiologist (ACSM-EP), and a sports nutritionist (CISSN with nutrition specializations including Precision Nutrition, NASM-CNC, NASM-FNS, and ACE-FNS - don't argue with him about nutrition!). Before completing his Flexologist certification, he was a StretchLab member - he found StretchLab's assisted stretching to be the most effective way to reduce his own muscle soreness/tightness. As an NSCA Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS), he loves to work with competitive athletes in a wide range of sports, especially weightlifters, powerlifters, bodybuilders, MMA fighters, boxers, sprinters, long-distance runners, cyclists, bowlers, kickballers, Frisbee disc golfers, and all-night video gamers! Also, as an NSCA Tactical Strength and Conditioning Facilitator (TSAC-F), he loves to work with military, law enforcement, fire and rescue, protective services, and other emergency professionals.
In a previous life, Joseph worked in healthcare IT. He graduated from the University of Colorado at Boulder with a Bachelor of Science in electrical and computer engineering, a minor in computer science, and a software engineering certificate. After several years as a senior consultant with McKesson supporting doctors and nurses with medical software, he realized his passion was more healthcare than IT - or, as he likes to say, he takes the SH out of IT.
Fun facts from Joseph himself
1. Alumnus of University of Michigan at Ann Arbor with Bachelor of Arts in English language and literature and CU-Boulder.
2. Preparing to be dance instructor, specializing in hip hop.
3. Powerlifter with over 1,000lb total.
4. Top-rated dogsitter on Rover.
5. Stand-up comedian pursuing master's degree in dramatic arts at Harvard. Being a Flexologist, personal trainer, dance instructor, etc., are just ways to get more stage time!